Assistant Day Camp Director
|Assistant Day Camp Director|
|$9.25- $10.25 Hr. (based on experience)|
Days & Hours:
|Monday- Friday shift will vary between the hours of 7:00a-6:00p 35 -40 hours per week|
Education & Experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a day camp setting.
• Must have experience working with the Creative Curriculum and assessment criteria.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (SPECIALIZED, TECHNICAL, OR PRACTICAL)
• Must have knowledge and application of MSWord, Excel, AS400 and Publisher.
• Must have YMCA pre-service training within 3 months.
• Must have Child Abuse prevention, see pre-service training.
• My have TB Test prior to working.
• Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications.
• Must have a current Day Care class certification through the City of Fort Worth, where applicable.
HUMAN RELATIONS SKILLS
• Must be able to relate well to children and parents.
• Must be able to communicate well and give direction to day camp group leaders in a positive manner.
• Display tact, patience, sensitivity, and the ability to relate well to co-workers.
• Must be able to build relationships with and communicate well with other YMCA program area supervisors.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
• Child supervision will consist of the visual and auditory awareness as well as pattern of circulation among the children.
• Supervise one or more leads and day camp group leader assistants in the center.
• Responsible for leading staff meetings as assigned by supervisor.
• Delegate appropriate responsibilities to day camp group leaders.
• Ability to follow through with accountability.
• Person in-charge in the absence of the Program Director.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION
• Maintain attendance, meal count sheets and sign in and out logs for children, as assigned by Director.
• Maintain organization of supplies, equipment and files.
• Cohesive scheduling of groups or classes.
• Attend all staff meetings and recommended training’s and conferences.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGMENT
• Requires a tolerant, patient and steady person.
• Requires working knowledge of TDFPS standards, CCMS designated vendor requirements, (NAEYC standards, where applicable) and knowledge and application of ages and stages of development.
• Requires the ability to make sound decisions judgments for the betterment and quality of the classroom.
• Requires the ability to make sound decisions and judgments as it relates to child development in regards to one child or a group of children.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Requires the ability to lift children and equipment.
• Requires bending, stooping and sitting on the floor with children.
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Cleaning up after spills or accidents.
• Diaper changing as needed.
• Emptying and discarding trash and materials causing foul odors, as needed.
• Light cleaning of tables and centers after meals and activities, as needed.
• Ability to lead children in physical activities such as age appropriate sport and exercise activities as a coach or official, as assigned by Director.
• Ability to build relationships with community through assigned activities from supervisor.
• Ability to step into the role of a Day Camp Director, where applicable, during the summer months.
1. Responsible for making sure that no child is ever left unsupervised.
2. Treat all children with dignity and respect in order to develop children’s skills and self-image.
3. Maintain an orderly, attractive, age-appropriate and clean learning environment.
4. All reports and/or paperwork are done with accuracy, consistency and meet all deadlines.
5. Day to Day administrative duties as assigned by director or designated representative.
6. Supervise day camp group leaders effectively.
7. Report items in need of repair or areas in need of cleaning to the Director.
8. Practice daily Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility, as a role model for children.
9. Be proactive in safety and accident prevention.
10. Document and report all accidents, incidents and suspicions of Child Abuse to Director.
Please submit letters of interest and resumes via email to [email protected] Interviews will be arranged by phone.Apply Now