At the YMCA we currently offer Swim Lessons in Stages!
Swim Starters: Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence-building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
Swim Basics: Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills
- Swim, float, swim- sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide and exit
- Jump, push, turn, and grab
Swim Strokes: Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills, and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being, and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
We also offer Private and Semi-Private Lessons. For more information about session dates, times and prices please see our Swim Lesson Flyer below.
If you have any questions in regards to swim lesson program please contact our Aquatics Coordinator, Kaylen Evens, at [email protected]
- Children ages 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the pool area
- Children ages 8-13 must have an adult in the pool area or within the Joshua YMCA facility at all times
- Children ages 14 and older must be checked in at the Front Desk by an adult, but may swim alone
**All Children must complete the swim test in order to be in the deep end and/or use the slide. Swim testing occurs on the hour, every hour for 15 minutes. Test will be administered in the slide lane.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck.
- No diving at any time.
- Lifeguard has full authority in enforcing rules.
- Patrons must wear appropriate swim attire when entering the pool.
- No glass or gum is allowed on the pool deck (plastic containers only).
- Only coast guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
- Showers are required before entering the water.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and/or chewing tobacco is not allowed.
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers.
- Each member is allowed to bring one guest there is a $5.00 guest fee. All guests 17 years or younger must be accompanied by a legal guardian (18 years old or older) to sign the YMCA release form. Photo ID is required.
- Food is not allowed on the pool deck.
- Waiting lines will begin when capacity of the pool is met. Those who leave the pool will have to wait in the line to re-enter.
Check out our printable 2018 Pool Schedule: 2018 Pool Calendar
For questions regarding Aquatics please contact our Aquatics Coordinator, Kaylen Evens, at [email protected]
To learn more about or to register for classes to become a certified lifeguard email Kevin Tatlock at [email protected]