Y Weight Loss Program
The Weight Loss Program is designed to help people seeking a healthier weight achieve their goals by making small, modest changes to their daily behaviors, and forming sustainable healthy habits.
This 12-week program is designed for adults 18 years and older who desire a healthier weight. This program is not intended for individuals with specialized needs due to chronic disease or the onset of chronic disease.
Each week participants will weigh in, be introduced to a new topic relevant to weight loss, discuss as a group successes/challenges/suggestions around the weekly topic, and develop goals for the upcoming week. Topics covered during the program include: nutrition, physical activity, stress and sleep, positive psychology, goal setting and sustainability.
For more information, contact Ruth Thompson-Murillo!
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a program for cancer survivors and those currently undergoing treatment, focuses on you- the whole person- not the disease. The free 12-week program meets twice a week for 90 minutes, using traditional exercise methods to ease you back into fitness and help you maintain a healthy weight. You’ll also learn about wellness, stress reduction and how to continue healthy habits after the program has ended. We encourage a warm spirit of community and provide a place for you to build friendships with others affected by cancer and an opportunity to share stories and inspiration.
Life Changing Challenge
It takes 21 days to form a habit. Let the YMCA help you form new habits this year. Try our 21-day Life Changing Challenge! Three free visits with one of our wellness coaches will help you become familiar with the YMCA fitness center, kick-start your workout regimen, or amplify your existing work-out.
During these visits we will help you:
- Set wellness goals and identify barriers to success.
- Determine your area of focus based on fitness interests.
- Receive an equipment-based orientation.
- Involve yourself in group exercise classes.
- Receive information on continued training with a Personal Trainer or our association Dietitian.
- Help you decide on an exercise plan to fit your needs for long-term results.
What are you waiting for? It’s FREE. Stop by the Wellness Desk to register for your LIFE CHANGING CHALLENGE today! Ask any Wellness staff member for details.
Personal training is an individualized one-on-one program with a certified personal trainer that is directed to assist you in achieving and maintaining a desired fitness level through strength training, cardiovascular conditioning and weight management. Whether you are looking to lose a few pounds, maintain, or even become a better athlete we have a trainer for you.
Personal Training Rates
- Single Session: (1 hr) $50; (30 min) $30
- 4 Sessions: (1 hr) $180; (30 min) $100
- 6 Sessions: (1 hr) $240; (30 min) $160
- 12 Sessions: (1 hr) $420; (30 min) $300
*Can be tailored to fit your specific needs and fitness goals.
Taught by our nationally certified instructors, Y Warrior is an indoor/outdoor boot camp specifically programmed to develop power, strength and endurance for all fitness levels. Using the best equipment and training protocols, expect to be challenged and pushed to achieve a better you. Plus, earn free prizes for attending classes.
Registration for Y Warrior gives you access to any YMCA Y Warrior class at any one of our branch locations. Find all locations at ymcafw.org/ywarrior.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 5:15am
- Tuesday/Thursday: 8:30am
- Saturday: 8:00am
Contact the Welcome Desk at 817-346-8855 for more information.
Group Exercise Classes
Group Exercise is Your Way to Live Better!
From traditional aerobics to danced-based classes, the YMCA offers a variety of classes to engage those who want to get their workout in a social, group format.
Classes are an excellent way to get back into a workout routine!
- No time to exercise? Check the schedule to find a class that works when you’re available.
- Not sure what to do when you get to the gym? Let our instructors expand your exercise repertoire.
- Not enough hours in the day? Come to a class to make the absolute most of your time.
- Out of excuses? Here’s what we have to offer: Check out our Group Exercise Schedule.
Youth & Teen
The Ryan Family YMCA offers teen-oriented classes, activities and programs designed especially to keep teens active and strong.
To find out what programs are offered, contact the Welcome Desk at 817-346-8855.
- Yellow Card: Members between the ages of 12-15 may use the circuit & cardio machines (not free weights) after they attend the Fundamentals of Fitness class, have two orientations, and wear a yellow orientation card at all times on the fitness floor.
- Blue Card: Members between the ages of 12-15 may use the free weight area if they are an athlete and their school coach has completed the Blue Card Participation Form (See front desk or wellness desk for more information).
- Red Card: Members between the ages 8-11 who have completed the youth orientation and Fundamentals of Fitness class will receive a red orientation card. The red card gives youth access to the circuit equipment in the Y Express. Youth may also use the cardio equipment on the main fitness floor after a cardio equipment orientation and must remain within an arm’s length from their parent or guardian at all times. Youth 8-11 are not allowed on the free weight equipment on the main fitness floor.
- Youth participation in Group Exercise classes is permitted as long as they are able to fully participate in class.