Personal Trainer/ Wellness Coach
|Personal Trainer/ Wellness Coach|
|Hood County YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
|Based on experience & certifications|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Each candidate will have a formal interview, which may include a written and practical assessment, to demonstrate knowledge and competency as a personal trainer.
• Current national certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, YMCA, NSCA, or Cooper Institute preferred for Wellness Coach, Required for Personal Trainers
• Current CPR, FirstAid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications.
• Prefer at least 6 months experience within the fitness field.
• Possess a positive attitude and have an outgoing personality ability to relate and communicate well with individuals of all ages, races, religions, and communities.
• Effectively instruct personal-training clients while following the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth program guidelines, guidelines set by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and guidelines set by the YMCA Medical Advisory • Committee.
• Review clients’ medical history and assess their physical condition, understand the client’s goals, and design an exercise program that will help the client attain these goals.
• Effectively explain all fitness assessment procedures and answer questions that may arise.
• Explain how the fitness center equipment is properly used.
• Perform Fitness Orientations for new members.
• Must have flexible hours.
• The Personal Trainer is responsible for screening individual’s medical histories and current health status to identify major health
• Administering fitness assessment procedures and counseling individuals regarding assessment results.
• Providing a safe and effective fitness program for the member while educating him/her on the use of exercise equipment.
• Wellness Coaches are responsible for Member Orientations to the facility, equipment, and programs that we offer.
• Member service is key. Wellness staff are expected to initiate engaging conversations with members and ensure they are having
a safe and effective workout.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Community- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Inclusion- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
• Relationships- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
• Influence- Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Communication- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
• Developing Others- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Innovation- Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Quality Results- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Change Capacity- Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Please submit a resume with references with attention to Sara Hasenfuss to:
Hood County YMCA
1475 James Road, Granbury, Texas 76048