Child Watch Attendant
|Child Watch Attendant|
Days & Hours:
|Mornings, Evenings and some weekends|
Education & Experience
Minimum age 16.
Certifications: ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), First Aid.
Basic skills in working with small children.
Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and YMCA staff.
Exhibit maturity and show general concern for the well-being of children.
Present self as a good role model.
1. Use good judgement and resourcefulness in order to prevent adverse effects regarding situations with children.
2. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse
prevention and emergencies.
3. Records participant attendance as required.
4. Supervise play and game activities of small children and maintain an orderly environment.
5. Create an environment where families feel welcome and maintain open communications with parents.
6. Responsible for the cleanliness of work area.
7. May prepare snacks and refreshments.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Values- Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Communication- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Inclusion- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Decision Making- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Emotional Maturity- Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.