Day Camp Director
|Day Camp Director|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$275 - $300 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 5, 2017|
Education & Experience
• Models the YMCA Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility.
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population.
• Ability to relate well to others, and manage a group of staff
• 21 years of age or older
• Enthusiastic, engaged and professional personality.
• Basic level of personal physical fitness.
• Flexible approach to working hours, and responsibilities.
• Experience in an administrative role a plus.
• Ability to follow instructions and schedules.
• Experience working with children.
• Experience in building relationships.
• Summer Camp experience preferable.
• Facilitates a culture of respect and involvement among all campers and staff.
• Role model for all staff, following and enforcing the Camp Carter code of conduct, dress code, including cell phone policy.
• Ability to intervene in behavioral issues with campers, and implement behavioral policies.
• Willing to lead specialized activities, and assist counselors when necessary.
• Actively participates in developing programming and activities for each week.
• Effectively communicates the camp rules, procedures, and schedule to staff and campers.
• Supervises check in and check out procedure.
• Actively involved in traditional camp activities such as flag raising, awards ceremony, and all camp activities.
• Effectively communicates with parents in a professional manner at all times.
• Effectively communicates and delegates responsibilities with Day Camp staff.
• Leads Day Camp staff training.
• Actively involved in recruiting and hiring Day Camp staff.
• Must participate in CPR & First Aid classes.
• Supervise LIT coordinator, Day Camp Assistant Directors, and Mini Day Camp Director.
• Completes 2 staff evaluations, and encourages development of skills.
• Acts as a role model for campers/staff. Maintaining a professional relationship at all times.
• Builds and enforces the rules of behavior, established goals, and program objectives.
• Encourages a culture of respect for camp’s grounds, equipment, and each other. This includes activity equipment, picking up trash and so on.
• Correctly manages work load, delegating as necessary.
• Attend all extra Day Camp activities such as, open houses, overnight stays, parents evening, and camper and staff recruitment opportunities as needed.
• Implements fundraising opportunities to achieve Day Camp’s Annual Campaign fundraising goal.
• Reports directly to the Camp Director.
• Works with head lifeguard, retreats coordinator, overnight camp director to ensure that programs do not clash, and camp facilities are kept clean, and in working condition.
• Marketing. Help to cross promote other camp programs, building an environment of “one camp” inclusion for all.
• Consult camp’s HR representative of any staff behavioral issues.
• Work with the Business Manager on the collection of any monies due for Day Camp.
• Help to raise an allocated amount for Annual Campaign.
• Encourage staff to volunteer for certain events.
• Implement a good quality service program for teen leaders.
This Position includes on site housing. Applicant must be able to work from May 16th until August 18th, 2017.
Pay range is between $275 and $300 per week and includes meals and housing.
Please e-mail a cover letter, a resume, a list of five references and the lyrics to your favorite camp song to David Hagel (firstname.lastname@example.org). Place “Day Camp Director” in the subject line.