Day Camp Director
|Day Camp Director|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$275 - $325 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 1, 2018|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Certifications: ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), First Aid.
• Previous experience with diverse populations.
• Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
• Minimum of 2 years experience working with and supervising children.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. Will require outdoor work during the summer months. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Leads the day camp program - models best practices in creating positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Encourages staff and promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience.
1. Responsible for the program development, planning and supervision of day camp programming in accordance with YMCA standards.
2. Responsible for keeping site and program safe.
3. Manages and motivates day camp group leader team.
4. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies and transportation.
5. Responsible for the supervision of staff and children in the program, may manage program records, plan activities for camp.
6. Responsible for accurate counts on all children that attend.
7. Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by supervisor.
8. Ensure the program has necessary supplies and equipment; report any issues to their direct supervisor.
9. Prepare camp activity plans that are age appropriate and consistent with the mission of the YMCA. Assist other staff in completion and creation of plans.
10. Present ideas to campers; utilizing variety of methods and techniques that are fun, engaging and appropriate for a camp setting.
11. Maintain open lines of communication with participant, parents, staff and supervisor.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.