Hood County YMCA Kids Triathlon
Triathlon is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, and kid’s triathlons are a vital part of this trend. There is no better way for a child to experience the benefits of a healthy lifestyle focused on hard work, daily exercise and good nutrition. Every triathlon consists of 4 components- swimming, biking, running and transitions. The course is designed to be challenging, yet achievable, even for the first-timers. Plus, the safety of your child is priority during the triathlon. With the help of amazing staff and volunteers, we go to great lengths to make the course as safe as possible. Each child will be chip-timed and walk away with a medal around his or her neck. Awards will also be given to the top finishers in each age group. Contact the Hood County YMCA for more information on this great program.
2016 Distances & Ages
- Mini-Tri Division: Ages 5 & up; swim 25 yards, bike 1.5 miles, run 1/2 mile
- Junior Division: Ages 6-10; swim 75 yards, bike 3 miles, run 3/4 mile
- Senior Division: Ages 11-14; swim 150 yards, bike 6 miles (2 loops), run 1 mile
CONTACT: For more information, contact Holly Martin at 817-573-7159 or HMartin@ymcafw.org
Specialty Camps at the Hood County YMCA are the perfect opportunity to explore new interests or pursue a passion. Campers will learn new skills and form friendships that will last a lifetime! Registration will open soon – check back for more information on the different camps we will be offering as well as a registration form! When registration opens, you can sign your children up at the Member Service Desk. They wont want to miss this!
A Fall/Winter/Spring program offered through the YMCA for all ages and instructed by Janet Steenberge, SEALS Swim Team Coach.
Texas Isshinryu Karate Kai
We are pleased to announce that we have Texas Isshinryu Karate Kai at our Hood County YMCA. We have three classes available for all ages to learn proper technique with our 3rd degree Black belt.
- Builds self-esteem so they are confident leaders
- Teaches that a positive attitude can make all the difference
- Teach self defense, so if a bad situation occurs, they know just what to do
- Helps them become self-disciplined and respectful in all aspects of life
- Builds control over their minds and bodies