Your recipe for success starts here!
Our Registered Dietitian is here to help you navigate your food intake to achieve your goals. Whether you’re seeking weight loss, improved sports performance, or healthier everyday eating habits, an accredited and experienced nutrition professional can help you get there!
At the YMCA, our Registered Dietitian offers the following services:
- One on one nutrition counseling (available for purchase by any YMCA member) at the Benbrook, Downtown, Ryan and Wellness Center YMCAs
- Free cooking demonstrations at a variety of Fort Worth branches
- Grocery Store Tours (available for purchase by any YMCA member)
- Transform U / Y-Weight : an 8 week weight loss program that combines practical nutrition lessons and personal training (available at the Downtown and Wellness Center locations)
- Free nutrition tip videos and “Ask-the-Dietitian” answers (available online)
- Nutrition Counseling and Personal Training combination packages (available for purchase at the Downtown and Wellness Center locations)
Ruth received her undergraduate degree in Dietetics at Missouri State University in Springfield Missouri. She then finished a dietetic internship through The University of Oklahoma Health Science Center in Oklahoma City. To become a registered dietitian she took and passed a national board certification dietitian exam. Ruth worked as a clinical dietitian in a hospital in Joplin Missouri for 4 years before moving to her current position with the YMCA in Fort Worth, Texas. As a Licensed and Registered Dietitian in the state of Texas she is an expert in nutrition. She enjoys cooking and eating healthy nutritious food as well as helping people live and eat healthier through proper balanced nutrition.
For more information about our nutrition services or to book an appointment, please email Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning about BMI
Click here for a BMI calculator to calculate your own BMI!
Here is an article with more information to help you better understand BMI.
If you are interested in more information on ways you can reduce food waste, check out these tips from the Environmental Protection Agency: https://www.epa.gov/recycle/reducing-wasted-food-home
If you have questions about the recycling services available in Fort Worth check out: http://fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/recycling/
If you are interested in further information on sustainability check out this great article from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/lifestyle/culture-and-traditions/sustainable-eating