Eleven branches of the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth have swimming pools – four are indoor and nine are outdoor. In addition, Camp Carter YMCA has an outdoor pool that is used during the summer camp season.
We’re taking a stand against drowning.
For nearly 100 years, the YMCA has been dedicated to water safety in the greater Fort Worth area by providing guarded pool access and teaching people to swim. Recently, we’ve expanded our efforts to advocate for water safety through a variety of programs:
- Safety Around Water – a program in its 3rd year that takes free water safety classes to local apartment pools
- A 4-year partnership with Fort Worth Drowning Prevention Coalition to teach free water safety classes at our pools
- Go For Green – a 2-year old program that teaches swim lessons to day campers who don’t pass the swim test
- Community Swim – our 7-year commitment to provide low-cost community access to Y guarded pools at select branches
- Memorial Day Safe Swim – a 3-year-old event that opens our pools Memorial Day afternoon to the public, with a free water safety demonstration at 2 p.m.
Before letting your children hit the water this summer, remember these few tips to ensure it’s an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Swim lessons for all ages
- Swim Team
- Water Aerobics
- Lifeguarding classes
At the Y, we focus on these 5 components of swim lessons:
- Personal safety
- Personal growth
- Water sports & games
- Stroke development
Which stage is your child ready for?
Check out our Lesson Selector to find out!
Check out our new Swim Lesson Descriptions:
YMCA Pool Locations:
- Airport Area YMCA or call 817-571-3371
- Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA or call 817-332-3281
- Benbrook Community Center/YMCA or call 817-249-0500
- Eastside YMCA or call 817-451-8276
- E.R. Van Zandt Southwest YMCA or call 817-292-9612
- Hood County YMCA or call 817-573-7159
- Joshua Community YMCA or call 817-645-9622
- Northpark YMCA or call 817-993-1333
- Northwest YMCA or call 817-237-7237
- Ryan Family YMCA or call 817-346-8855
- Westside YMCA or call 817-244-4544