Joining the YMCA is simple!
The health and safety of our members and community is important – visit any of our locations to receive a tour of the facility and to talk to a Member Service staff person about how membership in the YMCA can benefit you and your family.
Find A Branch
- Fully trained and caring staff who are always ready to assist you in achieving your health and well-being goals
- Wide variety of programs for individuals and families of all ages
- Discounted membership rates on all YMCA programs including youth sports, swim lessons and camp
- Clean, well-maintained facilities
- Wide variety of strength & cardio equipment
- Free group exercise classes, including yoga, cycle and more
- Y Playhouse child care offered for Household members while parents are working out
- Quick and easy financial assistance and discounts on both memberships and programs based on certain qualifiers
- No financial contracts
Two adults and any tax dependent children living in the same household up to age 19.
Two adults OR 1 adult with any tax dependent children living in the same household up to age 19.
For individuals ages 26 – 61.
Two adults – one must be 62+.
For individuals age 62+.
For individuals ages 11 – 26.
|Membership Type||Membership Rate||Joining Fee|
*The Joshua, Benbrook & Northpark YMCA’s offer a city resident discount. If you choose to join online, the discounted rate will not be applied due to the verification process. You can bring in a current water bill to the participating YMCA and your discount will be added to future fees but we will not make the fee retroactive or refund any fees paid prior to showing verification.*
It is the philosophy of the YMCA to provide services for any person who desires to participate and understands the benefits of the YMCA, regardless of ability to pay the standard membership or program fee. Those not able to pay the fee may be awarded financial assistance based on the individual need and the ability of the YMCA to fund the subsidy.
Scholarships will be provided to individuals/families based on need and based on the amount of subsidy dollars available. The Fort Worth YMCA obtains funding for scholarships from four primary sources: our Annual Campaign, United Way of Tarrant County, government grants and the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth Endowment, Inc.
For more information about Financial Assistance or to receive an application for yourself or someone you know, please call or visit the Member Service desk at any of our locations.
Open Doors Program
The Open Doors program provides quick and easy financial assistance to anyone based on the below qualifications. Open Door program qualification automatically gives you 50% off the membership of your choice and 25% off all YMCA programs. Bring in one of the below qualifiers and sign up for a membership and or programs on the spot.
Open Door Qualifiers
- Free & Reduced Lunch | Notice of Approval
- HUD/Section 8 | Statement Letter
- SNAP (Food Stamps) | Notice of Approval
- WIC | Statement Letter / Voucher
- Medicaid | Notice of Approval
- CHIP | Notice of Approval
Not sure how to get these documents, but know you qualify?
Call or stop by any one of our local branches and we will happily assist you in acquiring the correct documentation.
Don’t have any of the Open Door Qualifiers but still need financial assistance?
See below to download our full financial assistance application. Once completed, turn the application into your local branch. Scholarships at this level will be provided to individuals/families based on need and based on the amount of donated dollars available each year. The Fort Worth YMCA obtains funding for scholarships from four primary sources: our Annual Campaign, United Way of Tarrant County, government grants and the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth Endowment, Inc.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied access based on their ability to pay.