At the YMCA we currently offer Swim Lessons in Stages!
Swim Starters: Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence-building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
Swim Basics: Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills
- Swim, float, swim- sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide and exit
- Jump, push, turn, and grab
Swim Strokes: Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills, and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being, and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
We also offer Private and Semi-Private Lessons. For more information about session dates, times and prices please see our Swim Lesson Flyer below.
If you have any questions in regards to the Hood County YMCA swim lesson program please contact our Aquatics Director, Kevin Tatlock, at (817)573-7159
Belonging has benefits! Join now for NO joining fee and receive the member rate on programs.
SEALS Swim Team is a program offered through the YMCA and coached by Janet Steenberge. This program gives all ages an opportunity to improve technique, work on times, and have fun!
Levels are determined by Coach Janet. Initial Assessments for new SEALS swimmers will be done during the practice time that best describes the level of the swimmer. For more information on levels and practice times please see the Flyer and Registration Form below.
***If you have any question in regards to activities or programs that take place in the pool, please contact our Aquatics Director, Kevin Tatlock at (817)573-7159. ***
HYDRO FIT Classes
Challenge your foundation, balance, power and endurance with the instability of the BOGA Aqua mat and the unpredictability of the water in this unique class. This all-inclusive, high intensity interval training (HIIT) session will combine cardio, strength, flexibility, and balance into a fun total body workout.
- Reservation: Ticket reservation 30 minutes prior to class starting.
- Ticket must be picked up in person. 1 ticket per person
- 9 boards available for class
- Suggested Member Attire: Fitted Group Ex. Attire that is suitable for water
- Thursday 4:45-5:45 pm – Nancy
- Friday 5:15-6:00 am – Lindsey
- Friday 8:15-9:00 am – Crystal
YMCA Water Aerobics Classes are designed for all levels and abilities, as well as appropriate for ages 8 and up. Instructors will provide needed modifications in order for you to adjust your workout and improve your health with the benefits of water. Aquatic training allows you to get a balanced workout that is easy on your joints, and addresses the muscles that gravity assists on land. It is recommended to wear water shoes or tennis shoes while you workout.
*Group Exercise Schedule is subject to change due to low class participation
Printable Water Aerobics Schedule: Water Group Exercise
Aqua Pump/Aqua Pump Plus
A challenging, yet fun class designed to build strength utilizing aqua bouys, noodles and other resistance tools. Come experience the water as the perfect weight room. All levels welcome; class is geared to your personal fitness level. Plus class is longer in duration.
An energetic water workout that adds some Latin-inspired, salsa-like moves to get your heart pumping, face smiling and body moving! Come join the party! All levels welcomed. Class is geared toward a low to moderate intensity level.
Deep Pump H₂O An energetic water workout that really moves!! We get your heart rate pumping and end with strength training and stretching. Deep Water utilizes float belts for buoyancy and a fun workout. All levels welcome; class is geared toward a moderate intensity level.
Silver Sneakers Splash® Activate your urge for variety! Splash® offers fun, shallow-water moves to improve agility and flexibility while addressing cardiovascular, strength and endurance conditioning. No swimming ability is required, and a special SilverSneakers® kickboard or other aquatic equipment is used to improve strength, balance and coordination.
Aqua Full Body Fitness
Jump on in the water is fine! Build cardiovascular fitness and strength with moves that are easy on the joints and challenging for all fitness levels. Class is designed to challenge you and help you reach new fitness levels. Class will include deep and shallow water exercises that utilize pool equipment like aqua belts and webbed gloves.
Water Mania/Deep Water Mania
If burning the most fat calories is what you want, then this is the ultimate water workout! Come and experience a fun, yet highly intense interval workout for both cardio and strength fitness! Interval training constantly increases the heart rate then slows it down again by using short, alternating periods of aerobic activity. All levels are welcome; class is geared toward a moderate to high intensity level. Deep Water utilizes float belts for buoyancy and a fun workout.
Walk hour is designed to be a relaxing and peaceful time for adults to use the pool. As such anyone under the age of 18 can only use the pool if they are lap swimming in that hour. Walk Hour is available every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:30am-12:30pm for walkers.
Outdoor Water Park
When coming to play in the water park you must stop by the front desk to receive a band that signifies entry to the outdoor water park. Our outdoor water park will be reserved for members only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All guests are allowed to visit the water park with a $5 fee Monday-Thursday. Guests of members are allowed to visit Friday-Sunday with a $5 fee. Please note, though all guests receive 3 free passes per year they may not use a guest pass to enter the outdoor pool.
Hours of Operation
Summer Hours – May 25th – August 12th
- Mon.-Wed. 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Thursday 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 5:45 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:45 pm
School Hours – August 13th – September 2nd
- Tuesday & Thursday 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am-5:45 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm-5:45 pm
- May 31st CLOSED (City Wide Aquatic Training)
- July 4th 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- September 2nd 10:00 am-5:45 pm
- Swim Meet Saturday’s open 12 pm-5:45 pm on June 8th and June 22nd
- Children Ages 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the pool area
- Children 8-12 must have an adult in the Hood County YMCA facility at all times
- Children 13 and older must be checked in at the Front Desk but may be in the facility without an adult
**All Children must complete the swim test in order to be in the deep end and/or use the slide. Swim testing occurs on the hour, every hour for 15 minutes. Test will be administered in the slide lane.
**Children that do not pass the swim test must always be within arm’s length of an actively involved adult caregiver who is in the water with the child, or be wearing a properly fitted Coast Guard Approved personal flotation device.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck
- No diving at any time
- Lifeguard has full authority in enforcing rules
- Patron must wear appropriate swim attire when entering the pool
- No glass or gum is allowed on the pool deck (plastic containers only)
- Only coast guard approved flotation devices are permitted
- Showers are required before entering the water
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and/or chewing tobacco is not allowed
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers
- All Guests are allowed Monday-Thursday w/ a $5 Fee. Friday-Sunday is designated for Members and Guests of Members with a $5 fee.
- Snacks foods only when on the pool deck
- Waiting lines will begin when capacity of the pool is met. Those who leave will have 10 min to return before they will need to wait in line to re-enter.