Youth Performance Training Camp-Speed & Agility
Youth Performance Camp will include speed, agility, and power training exercises designed to help take youth to the next level. Session two of camp will re-cap skills learned in Session 1, and begin to advance on those skills. New participants and all fitness levels welcome in both sessions!
Camp Dates: June 4 – June 28 & July 9 – August 2, Camp will meet every Monday/Tuesday/Thursday each week
Cost: $75 for Members/$125 for Non-Members
Times/Ages: Youth Ages 8-12 yrs @7:00 -8:30 AM & Youth Ages 13-17 yrs @8:30-10:00 AM
Where: Hood County YMCA, 1475 James Road, Granbury TX 76049
Instructors: Cole Hinkle & Roy Phillips
Contact: Health & Wellness Director, Roy Phillips, at RPhillips@ymcafw.org or 817-573-7159
The Hood County YMCA will be offering Flag Football for youths ages 5-11. Participants will learn the basics of football and sportsmanship in a safe, no-tackle environment.
- Dates: IN PROGRESS- please check back for upcoming league dates
- Open to boys and girls ages 5-11
- Teams grouped by age
- Games will be held Saturday mornings at the YMCA.
- Participants must supply their own cleats, black bottoms, and gloves.
- We are also looking for volunteers for coaches and refs! If you are interested, please contact Whitney Landis at email@example.com / 817-573-7159
Cost: $65 members; $95 non-members; includes jersey
CONTACT: For questions contact our Youth Development Director, Whitney Landis, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-573-7159
A Fall/Winter/Spring program offered through the YMCA for all ages and instructed by Janet Steenberge, SEALS Swim Team Coach.
Texas Isshinryu Karate Kai
We are pleased to announce that we have Texas Isshinryu Karate Kai at our Hood County YMCA. We have three classes available for all ages to learn proper technique with our 3rd degree Black belt.
- Builds self-esteem so they are confident leaders
- Teaches that a positive attitude can make all the difference
- Teach self defense, so if a bad situation occurs, they know just what to do
- Helps them become self-disciplined and respectful in all aspects of life
- Builds control over their minds and bodies
Hood County YMCA Kids Triathlon
Triathlon is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, and kid’s triathlons are a vital part of this trend. There is no better way for a child to experience the benefits of a healthy lifestyle focused on hard work, daily exercise and good nutrition. Every triathlon consists of 4 components- swimming, biking, running and transitions. The course is designed to be challenging, yet achievable, even for the first-timers. Plus, the safety of your child is priority during the triathlon. With the help of amazing staff and volunteers, we go to great lengths to make the course as safe as possible. Each child will be chip-timed and walk away with a medal around his or her neck. Awards will also be given to the top finishers in each age group. Contact the Hood County YMCA for more information on this great program.
Distances & Ages
- Mini-Tri Division: Ages 5 & up; swim 25 yards, bike 1.5 miles, run 1/2 mile
- Junior Division: Ages 6-10; swim 75 yards, bike 3 miles, run 3/4 mile
- Senior Division: Ages 11-14; swim 150 yards, bike 6 miles (2 loops), run 1 mile
DATE: 2019 Dates TBD, Thanks for a great 2018 event!
WHERE: Hood County YMCA, 1475 James Rd. Granbury, Texas 76049
CONTACT: For more information, contact Holly Martin at email@example.com or Whitney Landis at 817-573-7159 or firstname.lastname@example.org