Youth Sports at the Y are the starting point for many kiddos to learn about becoming and staying active, and developing healthy habits they’ll carry with them throughout their lives. And the benefits are far greater than just physical health. Whether it’s gaining the confidence that comes from learning a new skill or building the positive relationships that lead to good sportsmanship and teamwork, participating in sports at the Y is about fostering good habits and helping our kids reach their full potential.
Hood County YMCA Kids Triathlon
Triathlon is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, and kid’s triathlons are a vital part of this trend. There is no better way for a child to experience the benefits of a healthy lifestyle focused on hard work, daily exercise and good nutrition. Every triathlon consists of 4 components- swimming, biking, running and transitions. The course is designed to be challenging, yet achievable, even for the first-timers. Plus, the safety of your child is priority during the triathlon. With the help of amazing staff and volunteers, we go to great lengths to make the course as safe as possible. Each child will be chip-timed and walk away with a medal around his or her neck. Awards will also be given to the top finishers in each age group. Contact the Hood County YMCA for more information on this great program.
Distances & Ages
- Mini-Tri Division: Ages 5 & up; swim 25 yards, bike 1.5 miles, run 1/2 mile
- Junior Division: Ages 6-10; swim 75 yards, bike 3 miles, run 3/4 mile
- Senior Division: Ages 11-14; swim 150 yards, bike 6 miles (2 loops), run 1 mile
DATE: April 27, 2019
WHERE: Hood County YMCA, 1475 James Rd. Granbury, Texas 76049
CONTACT: For more information, contact Holly Martin at [email protected]
The Hood County YMCA swim team is part of the SEALS program! Janet Steenberge will be coaching the team and giving all ages an opportunity to improve technique, work on times, and have fun!
Season Dates: January 7 – May 23
Levels: Determined by Coach, initial assessments for new SEALS swimmers will be done during practice time that best describes the level of the swimmer.
Texas Isshinryu Karate Kai
We are pleased to announce that we have Texas Isshinryu Karate Kai at our Hood County YMCA. We have three classes available for all ages to learn proper technique with our 3rd degree Black belt.
- Builds self-esteem so they are confident leaders
- Teaches that a positive attitude can make all the difference
- Teach self defense, so if a bad situation occurs, they know just what to do
- Helps them become self-disciplined and respectful in all aspects of life
- Builds control over their minds and bodies