Building strong kids is one of the most important roles the YMCA plays. Youth in YMCA programs are taught the core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring. Programs are designed to help youth establish healthy, productive behavior that will enable them to succeed and serve. YMCAs make kids strong in spirit, mind and body through established developmental assets.
How much is it to join? Click here to view our prices.
Youth & Teen Orientation
Youth Orientation is a free required class for members ages 8 – 15 who are interested in utilizing the equipment in the facility. Participants will meet with a Wellness Coach to learn the fundamentals of cardio training, machine introduction, and gym etiquette. Youth that successfully complete Orientation Program will earn permission to utilize the Fitness Floor.
- Students must attend an orientation in order to receive a membership card.
- Students must participate 100%
- All students must wear athletic shoes at all times. No sandals or crocs allowed.
- After completing all sessions, students must follow the same rules and procedures when using the fitness equipment on their own.
- Students will be instructed to lift only safe amount of weight. No competitive lifting!! To prevent injuries, parents should encourage this even after orientation is completed.
- No running or horseplay in or around fitness center.
- Anyone caught outside of these guidelines will be verbally warned on the first offense, the second offense will be cause for suspension of fitness center privileges for up to one year.
- YMCA lanyards and membership cards must be visibly displayed at all times upon completion of the orientation.
|Wellness Floor||Age||Parent/Guardian Required in Facility||Orientation||Signed By Parent|
|Select Cardio Machines||8 to 11||Yes||Youth Orientation Required||Yes|
|Selectorized Machines & All Cardio||12||Yes||Youth Orientation Required||Yes|
|Selectorized Machines & All Cardio||13+||No||Teen Orientation Required||Yes|
|Free Weights||14 & 15||No||Teen Orientation Required||Yes|