Learn a Life Saving Skill!
Summer Swim LessonsSummer Swim Lesson Flyer 2019
- Swim lessons for all ages (both group & private)
- Water Aerobics
- Lifeguarding classes
At the Y, we focus on these 5 components of swim lessons:
- Personal safety
- Personal growth
- Water sports & games
- Stroke development
Belonging has benefits! Join now for NO joining fee and receive the member rate on programs.
Which stage is your child ready for?
Check out our Lesson Selector to find out!
Check out our new Swim Lesson Descriptions:
Children ages 7 and under: must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the pool area
Children ages 8-13: must have an adult in the pool area or within the Northpark YMCA facility at all times
Children ages 14 and older: must be checked in at the Front Desk by an adult, but may swim alone
**All Children must complete the swim test in order to be in the deep end and/or use the slide. Swim testing occurs on the hour, every hour for 15 minutes. Test will be administered in the slide lane.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck.
- No diving at any time.
- Lifeguard has full authority in enforcing rules.
- Patrons must wear appropriate swim attire when entering the pool.
- No glass or gum is allowed on the pool deck (plastic containers only).
- Only coast guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
- Showers are required before entering the water.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and/or chewing tobacco is not allowed.
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers.
- Each member is allowed to bring one guest there is a $10.00 guest fee. All guests 17 years or younger must be accompanied by a legal guardian (18 years old or older) to sign the YMCA release form. Photo ID is required.
- Food is not allowed on the pool deck.
- Waiting lines will begin when capacity of the pool is met. Those who leave the pool will have to wait in the line to re-enter.