You may cancel your YMCA membership at any time with a written 30-day notice. Should you decide to part ways with the YMCA, we ask that you complete and sign the YMCA Cancellation Form, available at your local YMCA Member Service desk. Unfortunately, verbal, fax and phone notices cannot be accepted.
Should you decide to cancel your membership with the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth, we will happily refund the unused portion of any membership dues paid by annual invoice or stop the automatic withdrawal from your bank account upon request.
Joining fees are non-refundable. We are unable to refund membership fees due to lack of use or non-attendance. Please monitor your monthly bank statement for discrepancies. Should you discover an error on our part and report it within 60 days, we will correct our error and refund the appropriate amount. There will be no refund of erroneous payments after 60 days.
You may need to change your membership for several different reasons: adding a child, removing a grown child, a change of address, change of bank account, etc. Should you need to change any of your membership information, please complete a simple YMCA Change Form at your local YMCA Member Service desk.
Monthly membership fees may be put on hold for medical, travel or personal emergency reasons for 1-3 months each calendar year. Hold requests must be made 30 days in advance, in writing, at a YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth location.
Your YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth membership travels with you. If you are out of town for business or pleasure, your membership enables you to visit most YMCAs in the United States as part of our Nationwide Membership program. Please be sure to check with the YMCA where you will be visiting to find out their current Nationwide Membership practices and procedures.
Try the Y!
Each guest is welcome to utilize a guest pass at each of our facilities three times during the calendar year. After those three visits, you will be required to pay a daily fee at the YMCA location of your choosing. The current guest pass daily fees are:
– Facility Usage: $10 per person
– Outdoor Pool Usage: $7/adult, $5/child. Pool access for non-members varies by branch. Please contact your local Y.
– Y Playhouse Usage: $5 per child
Please contact your local YMCA for details and hours of operation.
Member Code of Conduct
Using the principles of Honesty, Responsibility, Caring and Respect as a guide, we have implemented the following Code of Conduct to ensure that all who participate with the Y enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
We ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds these principles at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect those using the YMCA to behave in a way that show respect and caring for others, which includes not using any language or engaging in any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Specifically, actions not adhering to these guidelines and are not permitted include:
- Wearing inappropriate attire. Attire must be appropriate, including swimsuits only in the pool area, and shoes, shorts and shirts or leotard in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or language is not allowed.
- Using angry or vulgar language including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with a person in any angry or threatening way.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassing or intimidating by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
- Stealing or other behavior, which results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons devices or objects which may be used as a weapon.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property or in YMCA vehicles.
- Smoking. All YMCA facilities offer a smoke-free environment for those who use them.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from doing so.
The YMCA reserves the right to suspend or revoke program or membership privileges of members whose behavior is deemed inappropriate or detrimental to the well-being of members or staff. A member whose membership has been suspended or terminated may appeal the decision in writing to the Board of Directors.