YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS STARTS HERE!
Our Registered Dietitian is here to help you navigate your food intake to achieve your goals. Whether you’re seeking weight loss, improved sports performance, or healthier everyday eating habits, an accredited and experienced nutrition professional can help you get there!
Meet our Registered Dietitian, Ruth
Ruth received her undergraduate degree in Dietetics at Missouri State University in Springfield Missouri. She then finished a dietetic internship through The University of Oklahoma Health Science Center in Oklahoma City. To become a registered dietitian she took and passed a national board certification dietitian exam. Ruth worked as a clinical dietitian in a hospital in Joplin Missouri for 4 years before moving to her current position with the YMCA in Fort Worth, Texas. As a Licensed and Registered Dietitian in the state of Texas she is an expert in nutrition. She enjoys cooking and eating healthy nutritious food as well as helping people live and eat healthier through proper balanced nutrition.
Now Accepting Insurance
A Registered Dietitian is the only recognized nutrition professional able to bill medical insurance for nutrition counseling. The YMCA registered dietitian can help you with any of the following:
Relationship With Food
Weight Gain/Muscle Gain
Long-term weight maintenance
Hypertension (Blood Pressure)
Prediabetes or Diabetes
Overall Health & Wellness
Family meal planning
Nutrition for any age
Fitness Related Goals
Our YMCA is now able to accept insurance for nutrition services from the following companies:
At the YMCA, our Registered Dietitian offers the following services:
YMCA Nutrition Packages
JUMP START – $150
This 1-month program will give you a jump start on healthy habits. Get an individualized nutrition plan to help you be successful in reaching your nutrition goals. Includes: 1 hour initial assessment + 30-minute follow-up session + 1 month of weekly email check-ins and nutrition tips
BEHAVIOR CHANGE – $250
This 3-month program helps you make behavior changes that will accomplish your nutrition goals. Consistent sessions ensure that you stay on track long term and see real results. Includes: 1 hour initial assessment + 3 (30-minute) follow-up sessions + 3 months of bi-weekly email check-ins and nutrition tips
LIFESTYLE CHANGE – $450
This 6-month program is a commitment to improving your health long-term. Re-shape your lifestyle to support your health and wellness goals and get the encouragement and guidance you need to see success.Includes: 1 hour initial assessment + 6 (30-minute) follow-up sessions + 6 months of bi-weekly email check-ins and nutrition tips
MAINTENANCE – $350
This 6-month program is only available to existing clients. Commit to improving your health long-term and get the support, encouragement, and guidance you need to be successful in your healthy lifestyle. Includes: 6 (30-minute) follow-up sessions + 6 months of bi-weekly accountability check-ins
Click here to see additional nutrition services.
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
Diabetes Prevention Program
In the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program a trained lifestyle coach will introduce topics in a supportive, small group environment and encourage participants as they explore how healthy eating, physical activity and behavior changes can benefit their health. For more information, click here.
10 Week Transformation
Get fit, lean and healthy working with experts in fitness and nutrition in the Y’s NEW 10 Week Transformation program. This 10-week virtual program will meet you where you are and transform your health from the inside out. You will receive pre and post-body composition measurements, weekly fitness and nutrition tips and guidance from our Registered Dietitian. For more information, please contact Ruth Murillo at [email protected]
For more information about our nutrition services or to book an appointment, please email Ruth at [email protected]. or call 817-332-3281 ext. 2025.
Family Meal Ideas
Smart Snacking Tips
Learning about BMI
- Nutrition Tips for Fall
- We have a few new recipes that are perfect for fall! Check them out here!
- Check out these tips to have a healthy Halloween.
- Many families choose to skip candy in favor of toys or trinkets. Here are a few non-candy treat ideas that everyone can enjoy.
- Check out a few tips on staying healthy during the holidays!
- This vs. That – Healthy Recipe Swaps!
- Looking for a healthy recipe for Thanksgiving? Look no further!
- It’s the perfect time of year to utilize your slow cooker! Here are a few simple steps to slow cooker success!
Other Helpful Links
- Here are some simple habits and steps you can take to improve your family’s daily approach to healthy eating: https://www.ymca.net/healthy-family-home/eat-healthy
- If you are interested in more information on ways you can reduce food waste, check out these tips from the Environmental Protection Agency: https://www.epa.gov/recycle/reducing-wasted-food-home
- If you have questions about the recycling services available in Fort Worth check out: http://fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/recycling/
- If you are interested in further information on sustainability check out this great article from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/lifestyle/culture-and-traditions/sustainable-eating