YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS STARTS HERE!
Our Registered Dietitian is here to help you navigate your food intake to achieve your goals. Whether you’re seeking weight loss, improved sports performance, or healthier everyday eating habits, an accredited and experienced nutrition professional can help you get there!
Meet our Registered Dietitian, Ruth
Ruth received her undergraduate degree in Dietetics at Missouri State University in Springfield Missouri. She then finished a dietetic internship through The University of Oklahoma Health Science Center in Oklahoma City. To become a registered dietitian she took and passed a national board certification dietitian exam. Ruth worked as a clinical dietitian in a hospital in Joplin Missouri for 4 years before moving to her current position with the YMCA in Fort Worth, Texas. As a Licensed and Registered Dietitian in the state of Texas she is an expert in nutrition. She enjoys cooking and eating healthy nutritious food as well as helping people live and eat healthier through proper balanced nutrition.
Now Accepting Insurance
A Registered Dietitian is the only recognized nutrition professional able to bill medical insurance for nutrition counseling. The YMCA registered dietitian can help you with any of the following:
Relationship With Food
Weight Gain/Muscle Gain
Long-term weight maintenance
Hypertension (Blood Pressure)
Prediabetes or Diabetes
Overall Health & Wellness
Family meal planning
Nutrition for any age
Fitness Related Goals
Our YMCA is now able to accept insurance for nutrition services from the following companies:
SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Always felt listened to, she constantly gave good suggestions both during the session and outside of it, had a friendly demeanor, never felt judged” – Evan
“Ruth is awesome. She is easy to talk to and has helped me so much. I have lost over 60 pounds so far!!” – Carol
“Ruth is very knowledgeable and supportive.” – Jennifer
“Working with the YMCA and Ruth changed my life. Ruth help me understand what foods to eat. How much water consumption the body needs. Working with Ruth for a year, I was able to lose 75+ pounds. She was very patient, consistent and uplifting throughout the entire process. If you want to have a lifestyle change, work with Ruth at the YMCA.” – Michael
At the YMCA, our Registered Dietitian offers the following services:
10 Minute - Free Discovery Call
Virtual Only Set up a free discovery call to find out what Nutrition Counseling is all about. This give you a chance to meet me, find out about insurance coverage, and ask any questions you have before scheduling.
Initial Assessment (1 hour)
Available for Virtual or In-person Sessions. In an initial nutrition assessment I will ask you about your health history, your motivation for seeking nutrition counseling, your health and wellness goals, as as well as your current eating and exercise habits. This will give me a foundation to build you an individualized nutrition plan so that you can be successful in making healthy behavior changes once and for all.
Follow-up Session (1 hour)
Available for Virtual or In-person. In follow up nutrition sessions we will work together to evaluate what parts of your individualized nutrition plan are working and what parts aren’t. This isn’t about blaming self-control its about finding the right tools to help you be successful. We will regularly check in on progress and make adjustments as needed to better meet your needs.
For more information about our nutrition services or to book an appointment, please email Ruth at [email protected]. or call 817-332-3281 ext. 2025.
Family Meal Ideas
Smart Snacking Tips
Learning about BMI
- Nutrition Tips for Fall
- We have a few new recipes that are perfect for fall! Check them out here!
- Check out these tips to have a healthy Halloween.
- Many families choose to skip candy in favor of toys or trinkets. Here are a few non-candy treat ideas that everyone can enjoy.
- Check out a few tips on staying healthy during the holidays!
- This vs. That – Healthy Recipe Swaps!
- Looking for a healthy recipe for Thanksgiving? Look no further!
- It’s the perfect time of year to utilize your slow cooker! Here are a few simple steps to slow cooker success!
Other Helpful Links
- Here are some simple habits and steps you can take to improve your family’s daily approach to healthy eating: https://www.ymca.net/healthy-family-home/eat-healthy
- If you are interested in more information on ways you can reduce food waste, check out these tips from the Environmental Protection Agency: https://www.epa.gov/recycle/reducing-wasted-food-home
- If you have questions about the recycling services available in Fort Worth check out: http://fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/recycling/
- If you are interested in further information on sustainability check out this great article from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/lifestyle/culture-and-traditions/sustainable-eating