Your Recipe for Success Starts Here!
Our Registered Dietitian is here to help you navigate your food intake to achieve your goals. Whether you’re seeking weight loss, improved sports performance, or healthier everyday eating habits, an accredited and experienced nutrition professional can help you get there!
At the YMCA, our Registered Dietitian offers the following services
- One-On-One Nutrition Counseling
- Nutrition On-The-Go Virtual Nutrition Package
- Free Cooking Demonstrations
- Grocery Store Tours
- Nutrition tip videos and “Ask-the-Dietitian” answers (posted online)
NEW Nutrition On-The-Go Program
Nutrition On-The-Go is perfect for your demanding schedule. This virtual package includes unlimited access to a dietitian via email, one 45-minute phone nutrition counseling sessions each week, and regular feedback on your nutrition/activity log for maximum accountability and success. Enjoy the flexibility to access nutrition guidance when and where you need it.
Diabetes Prevention Program
In the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program a trained lifestyle coach will introduce topics in a supportive, small group environment and encourage participants as they explore how healthy eating, physical activity and behavior changes can benefit their health. For more information, click here.
YMCA Weight Loss Program
The YMCA’s Weight Loss Program is a 12-week behavior change program that will give you all the tools you need to make lifestyle changes that improve your health. The support and accountability of a small group of like-minded individuals will motivate you to make lasting change with your physical activity and eating habits. Weekly weigh-ins and food/activity tracking keep you focused on your goals. Weekly group discussions give you the knowledge you need to overcome everyday obstacles and change your lifestyle for good. For more information, click here.
For more information about our nutrition services or to book an appointment, please email Ruth at [email protected]. or call 817-332-3281 ext. 2025.
- Mediterranean Diet Overview
- Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan | Example Plate
- Examples of Super Foods in the Mediterranean Diet
- Fill out your meal plan here!
- Looking for new recipes? We’ve got you covered!
- Meal Planning Tips
- 30 School Lunch Ideas
- Build-your-own Lunch Ideas
- 10 Healthy Eating Tips
Family Meal Ideas
- Eating together as a family is so important to the health and well being of your loved ones. Check out these helpful tips.
- Set aside time to enjoy a meal without electronics and open lines of communication between family members with a few of these discussion topics.
Smart Snacking Tips
Having healthy options between meals is a great way to stay on track this summer. Check out these nutritious snack choices:
Want more information? Click here.
Slow Cooker Tips
- It’s the perfect time of year to utilize your slow cooker! Here are a few simple steps to slow cooker success!
Eating Healthy on Vacation
- Eating healthy on vacation may sound impossible but it doesn’t have to be. You should enjoy time taken off and indulge in foods that you can’t get at home but keep your health in mind. Follow these simple tips and you will be well on your way to a healthy vacation.
- Nutrition Tips for Fall
- We have a few new recipes that are perfect for fall! Check them out here!
- Check out these tips to have a healthy Halloween.
- Many families choose to skip candy in favor of toys or trinkets. Here are a few non-candy treat ideas that everyone can enjoy.
- Check out a few tips on staying healthy during the holidays!
- This vs. That – Healthy Recipe Swaps!
- Looking for a healthy recipe for Thanksgiving? Look no further!
Learning about BMI
- Click here for a BMI calculator to calculate your own BMI!
- Here is an article with more information to help you better understand BMI.
- Here are some simple habits and steps you can take to improve your family’s daily approach to healthy eating: https://www.ymca.net/healthy-family-home/eat-healthy
- If you are interested in more information on ways you can reduce food waste, check out these tips from the Environmental Protection Agency: https://www.epa.gov/recycle/reducing-wasted-food-home
- If you have questions about the recycling services available in Fort Worth check out: http://fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/recycling/
- If you are interested in further information on sustainability check out this great article from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/lifestyle/culture-and-traditions/sustainable-eating