Summer Swim Team
The goal of swim team is to provide your child an opportunity to improve swimming skills in an instructional and motivational environment. Swim team is for ages 5-21 and runs June 8 through July 31.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
- Northeast Regional Aquatics Director – Daniel Clemons, [email protected]
- Northwest YMCA
- William M. McDonald YMCA
- Southwest Regional Aquatics Director – Drew Olvey, [email protected]
- Benbrook Community Center YMCA
- Ryan Family YMCA
- Hood County YMCA
- This group focuses on the development of swimming skills for children, teaching & emphasizing proper technique of all four competitive swim strokes. Swimmers in this group must be able to swim 25 yards freestyle with their face down, breathing bi-laterally and with proper flutter kick. They also need to be able to swim 25 yards backstroke, followed by a basic understanding of both breaststroke & butterfly. Schedule may change for the holidays/breaks in season.
- This group is designed for the competitive swimmer. Technique will continue to be emphasized. They must be able to do proper streamline, flip turns, and be able to swim 200 IM legally. Fins and Tempo Trainers are required. Schedule may change for holidays/breaks in season.
- This group designed for the competitive swimmers who have “BB” times or faster in all four strokes. All four strokes must be legal, streamlines & turns need to be legal, 200 IM legal, and 100 Free @ 1:30. Technique will continue to be emphasized. Fins & Tempo trainers are required. Schedule change for holidays/breaks.