The Y’s before and after school program provides safe spaces for children to feel accomplished, build new friendships and develop a sense of belonging through sports and homework help. Y Afterschool provides kids with programs built on academic intervention, health and enrichment that are proven to have positive impacts on kids’ lives at school, at home and in their communities.
Nine components are incorporated into our curriculum as a way to intentionally foster holistic youth development through a range of activities focused on helping youth achieve, build relationships and feel like they belong.
- Affordable, licensed after school child care programs
- Planned extended-learning curriculum, including STEM activities, art projects, homework help, physical activity and more
- CATCH curriculum that encourages physical fitness in a fun atmosphere
- Character development and service learning
- Certified and caring staff
- Nutritional afternoon snack
- Available for children ages 5 – 12 at applicable schools, some sites may offer Pre-K for 4 year olds
- Financial assistance available
- Full day holiday care
- Program is offered on early dismissal days
- School dismissal until 6 p.m. (some schools offer care until 6:30 p.m.)
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment Locations
Locations Listed By School District
The following is a list of schools where we provide in-house care or transportation to the local YMCA branch for care. Sites where transportation is provided are marked with an *.
Eagle Mountain Saginaw ISD
- Chisholm Ridge
- Comanche Springs
- Eagle Mountain
- High Country
- Lake Pointe
- Remington Pointe
- Willow Creek
Lake Worth ISD
White Settlement ISD
Fort Worth ISD
- AM Pate*
- Atwood McDonald*
- Bill J. Elliott*
- Carroll Peak
- David K. Sellars*
- Eastern Hills*
- Harlean Beal*
- Leadership at Forest Oak Middle
- Leadership at Mitchell Blvd
- Lowery Road
- Maude T. Logan
- MM Walton*
- Ridglea Hills
- Sunrise – McMillan*
- Waverly Park
- William James Middle School
- WM Green*
Independent Charter Schools
*Transport from school back to YMCA.
Do you work for one of our school partners? Any full-time school district employee from one of our service providers will receive a 30% discount on the School Year rate plan. You could also be eligible to receive a complimentary Plus Individual YMCA membership with the ability to upgrade to a Family Membership by paying the difference. Please contact your local YMCA to submit your school employment verification and receive your discount.
Additional Information and Forms
- Afterschool Care Parent Handbook
- Afterschool Care Change/Cancellation Form
- Financial Assistance Application
- Please allow one week to process
There is no discount, refund or credit for sick days, snow days or days your child does not attend YMCA Afterschool Care. Please allow two weeks’ notice to cancel care. Refunds will not be issued unless two weeks’ notice is given. There is a discounted rate for YMCA Members. Click here to learn more about YMCA membership rates.
Questions? Ask our Certified Staff
Head of School Age Services
Provides leadership to: Bryson Elementary, Chisholm Ridge Elementary, Comanche Springs Elementary, Dozier Elementary, Eagle Mountain Elementary, Elkins Elementary, Gililland Elementary, Greenfield Elementary, High Country Elementary, Lake Pointe Elementary, Marine Creek Elementary, Northbrook Elementary, Parkview Elementary, Remington Pointe Elementary, Saginaw Elementary
Youth Program Coordinator
Department Head of School Age Services
Provides leadership to: AM Pate Elementary, C.C. Moss Elementary, Carroll Peak Elementary, David K. Sellars Elementary, Handley Middle, Harlean Beal Elementary, Jacquet Martin Middle, Leadership Academy at Forest Oak Middle, Leadership Academy at John T. White, Leadership Academy at Maude I. Logan, Leadership Academy at Mitchell Blvd, Maudrie M. Walton Elementary, Oaklawn Elementary, S. S. Dillow Elementary, Sunrise – McMillan Elementary, Uplift Mighty, Uplift Meridian, & Uplift Ascend, W. M. Green Elementary, William James Middle.
Enjoy working with kids?
We are looking for energetic, fun-loving individuals to make memories with youth through our after school childcare programs.
Benefits of YMCA employment Y include:
- Free After School Care for your child (discount for additional children)
- Weekends Off
- FREE YMCA Membership
- 403b Retirement Option
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts on Y Programs
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Employee Referral Bonus of $50 and up
- Opportunity to make a difference