As the landscape of learning continues to change, the YMCA remains committed to serving you and your child through extended learning opportunities before school, after school and the times in between.
As area school systems adjust calendars due to COVID-19, we will adjust our programming for the 2020-2021 school year.
The following Day Camp locations will be extending Summer Camp for an additional 4 weeks (August 17th – September 4th) to accommodate Fort Worth ISD students:
As we receive new information, we will provide updates on this page. For specific questions, please email [email protected].
NAVIGATING A NEW WAY OF LEARNING
YMCA After School Program
The YMCA offers quality After School programs for students in grades K – 5 in Fort Worth ISD, Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD and White Settlement ISD. Registration is now open – click the link below.
- Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD In-Person Program begins August 20th
- Click here for pricing & locations
- Fort Worth ISD In-Person Program slated to begin October 5th
- Click here for pricing & locations
- White Settlement ISD Program slated to begin September 9th
- Click here for pricing & locations
For those needing care prior to the start of in-person learning, please see below for our Distance Learning options.
YMCA Distance Learning Support Program
The Y’s Physical Distancing Enrichment Program can help keep your children (ages K-5th) socially engaged during the school year, while still receiving the benefits of online learning. While school may look a little different this year, the Y is here to help bring some fun and enrichment to your child’s day. Lunch and snack will be provided for Full Day program. Registration is now open. Program begins September 8th – click the link below to register. Available at the following locations:
Daily activities will vary based on each schools virtual day schedule.
Please note: All students will need to bring their personal or school issued tablet/laptop to participate in this program.
Interested in Distance Learning at another location?
Please complete the form below and a member of our staff will be in contact.
Y Kids Club
Children will have the opportunity to enhance their learning through hands-on activities in a small group setting during 60-minute sessions that will be available both virtually and in-person. Subject areas: Wellness, STEM, Arts & Crafts, and Reading and Literacy. For kids ages 4-10 years. Registration is now open. Program slated to begin September 14th – click the link below to register. Available at the following locations:
Kids need to be active! At the Y, we are committed to helping our kids and families stay active even during these difficult times. Our Kids P.E. program engages small groups of children in age appropriate group games, physical education sessions, nutrition and group exercise classes designed to keep them active and healthy! Registration is now open. Program slated to begin September 14th – click the link below to register. Available at the following locations:
Y Learning Lab
It’s hard to balance working from home and keeping your kids on track with school assignments. So during this challenging time of at-home education, the YMCA is providing academic assistance through online homework sessions for students in grades K-5. Each Y Learning Lab session will be 50 minutes long and will focus on existing school assignments, such as math, social studies or ELA. The learning sessions are staffed by YMCA professional youth directors.
Fort Worth Afterschool Program
This program is grant funded in partnership with FWISD and Fort Worth Afterschool. Registration is available through the school and the program is slated to begin Tuesday, September 8th. For more information or for a list of qualify schools, please email Brenda Martinez at [email protected].
All of our Afterschool Programs will be implementing new processes this year. Our procedures are informed by the Department of Public Health, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, as well local and state orders and guidance. The procedures below have been in place at our summer Day Camp sites for 5+ weeks, keeping youth and families safe and will be continue to be in place for all of our fall programs.
- Staff and children’s temperature is taken at the beginning of the program
- Families and other visitors are not allowed to enter facilities; sign in/out will take place outside
- Children wash hands at the beginning and during the program at least every hour
- Materials and equipment are not shared unless they can be sanitized between usage
- Regular sanitizing and cleaning occurs immediately after use
- Restrooms are cleaned after each usage
- Increased cleaning of all materials and frequently touched surfaces
- Environments to promote social distancing
- Children will be placed in small groups that will not intermingle with other groups during the program
- Face coverings will be required for all staff and children once fall programming starts
The Y is:
- Closely monitoring updates and guidance from health agencies
• Adhering to rigorous sanitation practices
• Ensuring our cleaning service remains up to date on latest guidelines
• Educating staff on the prevention and spread of all germs
• Prepared to quickly evolve plans to align with health agency updates
More details on COVID-19 symptoms and our processes in the event of a confirmed case of exposure can be found in our Parent Handbook that will be available in the coming weeks. If there are specific questions that need to be answered more immediately, please see the list of staff contacts below.
SCHOOL DAYS OUT CAMP
School Days Out is provided during school holidays, waiver days and closings during the school year. Children participate in rotations of activities (crafts, group games, self-guided activities etc.). More information will be provided about School Days Out soon.
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment Locations
Locations Listed By School District
Do you work for one of our school partners? Any full-time school district employee from one of our on-site program providers will receive a 30% discount on the School Year rate plan. You could also be eligible to receive a complimentary Plus Individual YMCA membership with the ability to upgrade to a Family Membership by paying the difference. Please contact Felizia O’Daniel at [email protected] to submit your school employment verification and receive your discount.
Additional Information and Forms
- Afterschool Care Parent Handbook – coming soon!
- Afterschool Care Change/Cancellation Form
- Financial Assistance Application
- Please allow one week to process
There is no discount, refund or credit for sick days, snow days or days your child does not attend YMCA Afterschool Care. Please allow two weeks’ notice to cancel care. Refunds will not be issued unless two weeks’ notice is given. In the event of school wide closures due to COVID-19, we will not charge for programming. There is a discounted rate for YMCA Members. Click here to learn more about YMCA membership rates.
Questions? Ask our Certified Staff
For general questions, please email [email protected] If you are looking for a specific staff member, please see below:
817-249-0500 EXT: 7533 [email protected]
817-237-7237 EXT: 4012 [email protected]
817-993-1333 EXT: 3314 [email protected]
817-237-7237 EXT: 4017 [email protected]
817-573-7159 EXT: 6529 [email protected]
817-237-7237 EXT: 4005 [email protected]
817-534-1591 EXT: 8025 [email protected]
817-566-1063 EXT: 1163 [email protected]
Enjoy working with kids?
We are looking for energetic, fun-loving individuals to make memories with youth through our after school childcare programs.
Benefits of YMCA employment Y include:
- Free After School Care for your child (discount for additional children)
- Weekends Off
- FREE YMCA Membership
- 403b Retirement Option
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts on Y Programs
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Employee Referral Bonus of $50 and up
- Opportunity to make a difference