As the landscape of learning continues to change, the YMCA remains committed to serving you and your child through extended learning opportunities before school, after school and the times in between.
As area school systems adjust calendars due to COVID-19, we will adjust our programming for the 2020-2021 school year. As we receive new information, we will provide updates on this page. For specific questions, please email [email protected].
NAVIGATING A NEW WAY OF LEARNING
YMCA After School Program
The YMCA offers quality After School programs for students in grades K – 5 in Fort Worth ISD, Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD and White Settlement ISD. Registration is now open – click the link below.
- Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD In-Person Program – available now!
- Click here for pricing & locations
- Fort Worth ISD In-Person Program slated to begin October 19th (except for Westpark)
- Click here for pricing & locations
- White Settlement ISD Program – available now!
- Click here for pricing & locations
Click here for steps to register for Afterschool Care online
For those needing care prior to the start of in-person learning, please see below for our Distance Learning options.
YMCA Holiday Camps
When school is out, the Y is in! Join us this Thanksgiving & Winter Break for our holiday camps that will be filled with fun games and creative activities.
Our Thanksgiving holiday camp will be available at the following locations:
- Benbrook – Members $90 & Non-Members $105
- Camp Carter – Members $90 & Non-Members $105
- Hood County – Members $90 & Non-Members $105
- Joshua – Members $90 & Non-Members $105
- McDonald – Members $90 & Non-Members $105
Registration for Thanksgiving Camp is open until November 11th. At that date, we will evaluate enrollment to ensure the minimum participant rate is met. Participants will be notified on November 12th to let you know if the program will operate.
Winter Break Camp
Our winter break camps will be available at the following locations:
- Benbrook – Members $100 & Non-Members $116
- Camp Carter – Members $100 & Non-Members $116
- Hood County – Members $100 & Non-Members $116
- Joshua – Members $100 & Non-Members $116
- McDonald – Members $100 & Non-Members $116
Winter Break – Week 01:
12/21/2020 – 12/24/2020 (Close at 3PM on 12/24/20) Closed 12/25/20
Registration for Winter Camp Week 1 is open until December 9th. At that date, we will evaluate enrollment to ensure the minimum participant rate is met. Participants will be notified on December 10th to let you know if the program will operate.
Winter Break – Week 02:
12/28/2020 – 12/31/2020 (Close at 3PM on 12/31/20) Closed 12/31/20
Registration for Winter Camp Week 2 is open until December 16th. At that date, we will evaluate enrollment to ensure the minimum participant rate is met. Participants will be notified on December 17th to let you know if the program will operate.
Fort Worth Afterschool Program
This program is grant funded in partnership with FWISD and Fort Worth Afterschool. Registration is available through the school – for more information or for a list of qualifying schools, please email Brenda Martinez at [email protected].
All of our Afterschool Programs will be implementing new processes this year. Our procedures are informed by the Department of Public Health, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, as well local and state orders and guidance. The procedures below have been in place at our summer Day Camp sites for 5+ weeks, keeping youth and families safe and will be continue to be in place for all of our fall programs.
- Staff and children’s temperature is taken at the beginning of the program
- Families and other visitors are not allowed to enter facilities; sign in/out will take place outside
- Children wash hands at the beginning and during the program at least every hour
- Materials and equipment are not shared unless they can be sanitized between usage
- Regular sanitizing and cleaning occurs immediately after use
- Restrooms are cleaned after each usage
- Increased cleaning of all materials and frequently touched surfaces
- Environments to promote social distancing
- Children will be placed in small groups that will not intermingle with other groups during the program
- Face coverings will be required for all staff and children once fall programming starts
The Y is:
- Closely monitoring updates and guidance from health agencies
• Adhering to rigorous sanitation practices
• Ensuring our cleaning service remains up to date on latest guidelines
• Educating staff on the prevention and spread of all germs
• Prepared to quickly evolve plans to align with health agency updates
More details on COVID-19 symptoms and our processes in the event of a confirmed case of exposure can be found in our Parent Handbook that will be available in the coming weeks. If there are specific questions that need to be answered more immediately, please see the list of staff contacts below.
SCHOOL DAYS OUT CAMP
School Days Out is provided during school holidays, waiver days and closings during the school year. Children participate in rotations of activities (crafts, group games, self-guided activities etc.).
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment Locations
Locations Listed By School District
Do you work for one of our school partners? Any full-time school district employee from one of our on-site program providers will receive a 30% discount on the School Year rate plan. You could also be eligible to receive a complimentary Plus Individual YMCA membership with the ability to upgrade to a Family Membership by paying the difference. Please contact Felizia O’Daniel at [email protected] to submit your school employment verification and receive your discount.
Additional Information and Forms
- Afterschool Care Parent Handbook
- Afterschool Care Change/Cancellation Form
- Financial Assistance Application
- Please allow one week to process
There is no discount, refund or credit for sick days, snow days or days your child does not attend YMCA Afterschool Care. Please allow two weeks’ notice to cancel care. Refunds will not be issued unless two weeks’ notice is given. In the event of school wide closures due to COVID-19, we will not charge for programming. There is a discounted rate for YMCA Members. Click here to learn more about YMCA membership rates.
Questions? Ask our Certified Staff
For general questions, please email [email protected] If you are looking for a specific staff member, please see below:
817-249-0500 EXT: 7533 [email protected]
817-237-7237 EXT: 4012 [email protected]
817-993-1333 EXT: 3314 [email protected]
817-237-7237 EXT: 4017 [email protected]
817-573-7159 EXT: 6529 [email protected]
817-237-7237 EXT: 4005 [email protected]
817-534-1591 EXT: 8025 [email protected]
817-566-1063 EXT: 1163 [email protected]
Enjoy working with kids?
We are looking for energetic, fun-loving individuals to make memories with youth through our after school childcare programs.
Benefits of YMCA employment Y include:
- Free After School Care for your child (discount for additional children)
- Weekends Off
- FREE YMCA Membership
- 403b Retirement Option
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts on Y Programs
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Employee Referral Bonus of $50 and up
- Opportunity to make a difference