The Y’s before and after school program provides safe spaces for children to feel accomplished, build new friendships and develop a sense of belonging through sports and homework help. Y Afterschool provides kids with programs built on academic intervention, health and enrichment that are proven to have positive impacts on kids’ lives at school, at home and in their communities.
Nine components are incorporated into our curriculum as a way to intentionally foster holistic youth development through a range of activities focused on helping youth achieve, build relationships and feel like they belong.
- Affordable, licensed after school child care programs
- Planned extended-learning curriculum, including STEM activities, art projects, homework help, physical activity and more
- CATCH curriculum that encourages physical fitness in a fun atmosphere
- Character development and service learning
- Certified and caring staff
- Nutritional afternoon snack
- Available for children ages 5 – 12 at applicable schools, some sites may offer Pre-K for 4 year olds
- Financial assistance available
- Full day holiday care
- Program is offered on early dismissal days
- School dismissal until 6 p.m. (some schools offer care until 6:30 p.m.)
Before & After School Enrichment Program Options
Program options vary based on school.
- Year-round Option: Includes summer day camp, after school care, school holidays and breaks
- After School Option: For after school care only (does not include school holidays or summer day camp)
- Part-Time (Two Days or Less): This option is for parents only needing weekly care for 2 days or less Only offered at a handful of schools. *Only offered at select locations
- Before school is offered at two schools: Benbrook & Westpark Elementary
Pre-k care is offered at several schools: Benbrook, Ridglea Hills, Waverly Park & Westpark Elementary
- School Days Out Program: The School Days Out program is a fun and affordable place for your child during student breaks (i.e. Christmas Break, Spring Break, or teacher in-service). Field trips are available on selected dates. Space is limited, so prompt registration is encouraged to guarantee a space in the program.
- Teacher Rate: Provided for teachers within our service area, EMS-ISD, FW ISD, and Lake Worth ISD (does not include school holidays or summer day camp)
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment Locations
Locations Listed By School District
The following is a list of schools where we provide in-house care or transportation to the local YMCA branch for care. Sites where transportation is provided are marked with an *.
Eagle Mountain Saginaw ISD
- Chisholm Ridge
- Comanche Springs
- Eagle Mountain
- High Country
- Lake Pointe
- Remington Pointe
- Willow Creek
- Lake Worth ISD
- Marine Creek Elementary
White Settlement ISD
- Blue Haze
Fort Worth ISD
- AM Pate (register through McDonald Y)*
- Atwood McDonald (register through Eastside Y)*
- Bill J. Elliott (register through Eastside Y)*
- Carroll Peak (register through McDonald Y)
- David K. Sellars (register through McDonald Y)*
- Dillow (register through McDonald Y)
- Eastern Hills (register through Eastside Y)*
- Harlean Beal (register through McDonald Y)*
- Leadership at Forest Oak Middle (Register through McDonald Y)
- Leadership at Mitchell Blvd (Register through McDonald Y)
- Lowery Road (register through McDonald Y)
- Maude T. Logan (register through McDonald Y)
- MM Walton (register through McDonald Y)*
- Moss (register through McDonald Y)*
- Ridglea Hills
- Sunrise – McMillan (register through McDonald Y)*
- Waverly Park
- William James Middle School (register through McDonald Y)
- WM Green (register through McDonald Y)*
Independent Charter Schools
- International Leadership of Texas – East Fort Worth (register through Eastside Y)
- Uplift Mighty and Uplift Meridian – (register through McDonald Y)*
*Transport from school back to YMCA.
Additional Information and Forms
- After School Care Parent Handbook – Choose your school district below
- Eagle Mountain Saginaw ISD
- White Settlement ISD
- Fort Worth ISD
- Independent Charter Schools
- YMCA After School Child Care Form
- Financial Assistance Application
- Please allow one week to process
There is no discount, refund or credit for sick days, snow days or days your child does not attend YMCA Afterschool Care. Please allow two weeks’ notice to cancel care. Refunds will not be issued unless two weeks’ notice is given. There is a discounted rate for YMCA Members. Click here to learn more about YMCA membership rates.
Do you work for one of our school partners? Any full-time school district employee from one of our service providers will receive a 30% discount on the School Year rate plan. You could also be eligible to receive a complimentary Plus Individual YMCA membership with the ability to upgrade to a Family Membership by paying the difference. Please contact your local YMCA to submit your school employment verification and receive your discount.
Questions? Ask our Certified Staff
Head of School Age Services
Barbara has been part of the Northwest YMCA since 1999, she has a background in child care service for over 28 years. In the NW region Barbara oversees development of staff and program operation in the four school districts we serve as well as the surrounding communities. Barbara loves the fact that her own children were brought up through the use of our YMCA child care programs and she focuses now on providing that same level of care to families in her community. She’s a mother of two, and loves her dogs. She also has an obsession with Disney Minions.
Provides leadership to: Eagle Mountain Elementary, Dozier Elementary, Lake Pointe Elementary, Gililland Elementary
Stephanie started her career with the Y in 2013 in our day camp at the Benbrook YMCA. Stephanie loves meeting new people and building relationships in the community. Her favorite aspect of her job is that she is able to make a difference in children’s lives by providing financial assistance to ensure all children are able to have access to quality child care programs. When not at work she is often found in the gym working out at one of the FTW YMCA’s. She also has two children and loves to celebrate her birthday all year long.
Provides leadership to: Benbrook Elementary, Waverly Park Elementary, Westpark Elementary, Ridglea Hills Elementary, and Marine Creek Elementary.
Program Coordinator - Community and Grant Specialist
Brenda started working for the Northwest YMCA over 17 years ago. When she first became involved with the YMCA is was through volunteer work she did when she was still in high school. Currently, Brenda operates our grant funded programs which provides youth with opportunities to learn academically and socially through hands on learning activities such as; Dance, Podcasting, Robotics, Computer Coding etc. Brenda loves that everyone is welcomed at the YMCA and that we provide a variety of programs that help individuals and families all across the board regardless of economic background. In her spare time Brenda loves to go to the trails with her dog, Charlie.
Provides leadership to: Washington Heights, JP Elder, Rufino Mendoza and Kirkpatrick as well as all of our Play and Learn programs.
Program Coordinator- Staffing and Development Specialist
Stephanie began her YMCA career working in our childcare programs in afterschool and day camp. Her passion for children was quickly noticed and she became a Program Coordinator where she began providing leadership to other school and camp programs. She is a wife and a mother and enjoys going to waterparks in her free time.
Provides leadership to: Bryson Elementary, Elkins Elementary, Saginaw Elementary, Willow Creek Elementary, Parkview Elementary, High Country Elementary, and Parkview Elementary.
Anna has been with the Fort Worth YMCA for over 7 years. Anna has worked at several of our EMS-ISD schools where she was able to build relationships with the community and our program participants. Anna now serves her community by providing training and applying her expertise to the schools she now supervises. Anna has two daughters and a beautiful granddaughter. She is also a lover of all animals.
Provides leadership to: Chisholm Ridge Elementary, Comanche Springs Elementary, Northbrook Elementary, Lake Point Elementary, Dozier Elementary, and Eagle Mountain Elementary.
Enjoy working with kids? We are looking for energetic, fun-loving individuals to make memories with youth through our after school childcare programs.
Benefits of YMCA employment Y include:
- Free After School Care for your child (discount for additional children)
- Weekends Off
- FREE YMCA Membership
- 403b Retirement Option
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts on Y Programs
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Employee Referral Bonus of $50 and up
- Opportunity to make a difference